Wish you all a very Happy Holi in advance….
So lets start the recipe….
Condensed milk-200 gm
Thandai Masala-3-4 tbsp
Chopped dry Fruits(cashew nuts,pistachios,almonds)-4-5 tbsp(save some for garnishing)
Few Saffron/kesar strands(for garnishing)
Few dried Rose petals(for garnishing)
1.In a heavy bottomed pan pour the milk and let it boil.
2.Now add condensed milk and mix together and keep on low flame.
3. Meanwhile dissolve the corn starch in 3 tbsp milk (milk should not be hot). Mix well. Keep aside. It will help to give a creamy texture to the kulfi.
4. Chopped the dry fruits( pistachios/ almonds/cashews) coarsely and keep them aside.
5. Once the milks thickens, add the Thandai powder,chopped dry fruits and sugar.Mix properly.
6.Now add corn starch paste. Keep on stirring while adding the corn flour paste, so that no lumps are formed.
7. Stir well and just simmer for a 2-3 minute or two on a low flame until the kulfi mixture thickens more.
8. Switch off the flame.
9. let the kulfi mixture cool and then pour the kulfi mixture in kulfi moulds or in serving bowls or in earthen pot or in a tray or in shot glasses.(As per your choice)
10. Refrigerate for 7-8 hours or overnight.
11.Once the kulfi is properly set, demould the kulfi and garnish with chopped dry fruits,saffron strands,rose petals and serve immediately .(For demoulding: rub the mould or glasses between your palms or dip in some warm water and quickly remove. )
- Condensed milk is already sweet so I have not used much sugar.However if you want you can use more.
- You can replace condense milk with khoya/mawa too.
- Instead of using condense milk/khoya, you can opt for the traditional way.In that case start with 3 1/2 cups of milk and reduce it to 1 1/2 cups of milk and then continue with the recipe.