I was little bit busy from Christmas because my sister came for the first time at my place,so could not able to post any special dish on New year.Even though I cooked a lot of special dishes for them.
Whenever I think of Raw Banana the first thing comes to my mind is “Kofa Curry”.But this time thought of experimenting and go out of the box.So I did some changes to the regular kofta recipe and coated with healthy ingredient such as Oats and soya chunks and rather deep frying it I choose the shallow fried version.But it’s not Kofta it’s like Culet or Kebab.
2 boiled potato
2 finely chopped onion
1tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp sugar
1 ¼ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
fresh coriender leaves(finely chopped )
4 tblspn soya chunks
4 tblspn plain oats(you can use masala oats too)
olive Oil for frying
- Boil the Raw Bananas and potato.
- Then grate the Banana and potato.
- Add all dry spices (turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, sugar, garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chill powder)and onion,coriander to the grated banana and potato.
- Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Now, shape the prepared mixture in round or cutlate shape and coat with soya chunks and oats mixture.
- Then fry the kebabs and serve hot with sauce/chutney and salads.
- If you are very much heath conscious then avoid frying(i and bake the cutlets for 15 minutes at 180 degree C in a preheated oven.
Kebabs can be deep fried or shallow fried or oven baked according to your choice. Deep fried kebabs has better texture when compared to shallow fried or oven baked ones.I preferred shallow fried one,because baked one doesn’t taste like fried version 😛