Wish you all a Very Happy Durga Puja/শুভ শারদীয়া…সবার পুজো খুব ভালো কাটুক……
The countdown has started for Bengali’s biggest festival – Durga Puja. Bengali’s all around the country are gearing up for the 5 days festival.It’ really hard to explain (who does not belong to Bengal) that what is actually Durga Puja means to us.For others it’s just a religious festival but for us It’s much more than that.Dugra puja means celebration,wearing new cloths,pandel hopping(visiting pandels),gathering(meeting with new people,spending quality time with family,friends), being together,hours of ‘Adda”and most importantly It’s about delicious food.Durga Puja means eating out and indulging anything without guilt.Most Bengalis take break from their kitchen during the Puja and prefer to eat out (either in pandal’s or stalls or any restaurants). While other people celebrate Navratri(9days) by fasting and eating vegetarian food,we Bengali’s mostly prefer to indulge non vegetarian foods like Biriyani,rolls(egg,chicken,mutton),mughlai paratha,kosha mangho,fish curry etc etc.
So here comes a special recipe on the occasion of Durga puja:KFC Style chicken nuggets at home.Without further ado lets jump into the recipe with step by step pictures….
2 boneless skinless chicken breast pieces(cut into 1 1/2 inch small pieces)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour/maida
corn flour-2 tablespoon
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper-1/2teaspoon
1/2 cup breadcrumbs+ 1/2 cup soya granules
1 cup refined/olive oil for deep frying
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt,pepper and chopped garlic.Leave it for 10-15 minutes in refrigerator.
- After that take the marinated chicken and add flour,corn flour and egg and coat the chicken properly.
- In a plate take bread crumbs and soya granules, season with salt keep aside.
- Take the coated piece of chicken from the flour and egg mixture, and coat the chicken piece with bread crumb-soya mixture and keep in a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Your KFC Style homemade chicken nuggets is ready to serve.
- Serve them with tomato sauce and mayonnaise dip.