Wish all the wonderful Mothers a very Happy Mother’s Day….
This post is obviously dedicated to my Mom.Thank you Maa for the unconditional love and support….Your contribution in my life is beyond calculation.
I made this biscuit last month( before going to my Hometown)specially for my Mom.And she Loved it.So I decided to post it for Mother’s day.So without further ado lets proceed to the recipe.
Egg less Jeera Biscuits(Cumin Cookie)are classic Indian bakery style biscuit which is very easy to make.It’s sweet and salty taste makes it ideal for tea time.I am a big fan of cumin seeds(Jeera) and may be that’s why I love Jeera biscuits so much.The roasted cumin seed gives the biscuit a distinct aroma and the sweet and salty flavors perfectly blends together and makes it perfect tea time biscuit.I prefer to have this dipping in a hot cup of tea.
So lets start the crispy and melt in mouth jeera biscuits recipe.And one thing I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed after trying this recipe.
½ cup butter, at room temperature(Norm,al salted butter)
¼ cup Powdered Sugar/Chini
1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
2 Tablespoon Roasted Cumin Seeds/Jeera
1-2 tablespoons milk, only if required to make the dough
- Dry roast cumin seeds till a slight aroma comes and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
I have used salted butter so I didn’t add any salt.But in case you are using unsalted butter you can add 1/2teaspoon of salt.
- Add ¾ tablespoon of cumin seeds and mix. Reserve the remaining cumin seeds to sprinkle on top of the cookies.
- Shift flour and form dough using your hand.
- If required add a tablespoon of milk and mix till the dough comes together.
- Cover the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C (350 F).
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface.
- Using a roller, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness. Sprinkle remaining cumin seeds.
- Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper and bake at 180 degree for 10-15 minutes or until they are light golden brown in colour.
- Place on wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container and enjoy it with a cup of tea.