Christmas means gingerbread men,so this time decided to give it a try .After searching tons of recipe on internet I decided to simplify the recipe.Instead of using crystallized ginger I have used fresh ginger juice.The cookies are so good that I am sure you want to bake it again and again.
It’s an ultimate Christmas cookie,spiced and strong in flavor the way the ginger cookie should be.
Sorry I couldn’t take proper step by step pictures because I was not sure about the taste.It’s more like an experiment .However the experiment turns really well thus I decided to post the recipe before Christmas.
So lets Jump into the recipe….
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons cloves powder
1/4 teaspoons nutmeg powder
2 ginger powder
1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice
pinch of salt
1/2 cup/100 gm unsalted butter(softened at room temperature)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive/refined oil or unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 cup molasses
1 large egg
20gms-melted white chocolate (for garnishing)
sugar sprinklers(for garnishing)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes and Line a baking sheet(parchment paper) on the baking tray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda,all the spices( cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger), and salt and then mix properly.
- Take another bowl and with the help of beater beat the sugar,butter, and molasses and beat on medium speed for 5-6 minutes. Turn the mixer to low-speed, add the egg, and beat for about a minute. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat again for a minute.
- Now add the dry ingredients,ginger juice and mix properly to form a dough.
- Cover the dough with cloth or cling wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour to 40 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Using hands, roll each cookie into a small ball and then flatten them lightly with your fingers.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray 1 inch apart and bake at 180 degree C for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once baked placed them on a wire rack and let the cookies cool.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate on the top of the cookies and sprinkles some sugar beads on the top of it and then serve. These are great with tea.
I have ordered Molasses from “Amazon” but in-case if you don’t get molasses then check the below notes for substitute of molasses….
Replace one cup of molasses with one of the following:
- 1 cup dark corn syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup water