Aam panna is one of my favorite Summer cooler.We Bongs call it “Aam porar shorbot”.
Traditionally raw mangoes was roasted and then the pulp removed from it.The drink is slightly sour(tangy) and sweet in taste with a hint of fresh mint leaves,black salt ,chat masala & black pepper.
- it prevents you from heat stroke and keeps your body cool and hydrated.
- raw mangoes are rich in vitamin c and iron.
- Rinse the raw mangoes in water.
- Roast the raw mango for 2-3 minutes in gas on medium high flame.
- Then bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree C in a pre heated oven untill they become completely soft .
- Roasting the mangoes on gas gives a beautiful burnt smell.
- If you don’t have oven you can steam the raw mangoes in pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles until they become completely soft .
- Once cooled,peel the skin and take out the pulp.
- Now add the pulp into blender/food processor and now add fresh mint leaves,black salt,black pepper powder,chaat masala and sugar and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Add water according to your desired thickens.But I like a little think Aam panna.
- store aam panna in an air tight bottle in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled along with some fresh Mint leaves.
2. you can also steam the mangoes or cook these in a pan. remember they have to become soft, so that the peel and the pulp comes out easily.
For other summer cooler recipes check out the below link: